Snug Victorian real ale pub with original stained glass windows, dark wood panelling and wall lamps.
Rebuilt 1880 (architect W.L. Newcombe) for local brewer John Sanderson, this is a three story pub on a narrow site which retains its three drinking areas, one behind the other.
The front windows contain two impressive Pre-Raphaelite style stained glass windows which may be by Birmingham artist Edward Burne-Jones and are believed to have been a later addition. One window depicts a lady serving a drink and the other a Tudor gent about to consume it. Originally the Crown, and renamed Crown Posada, legend has it that the pub was bought by a Spanish sea captain for his mistress (Posada is the Spanish word for resting place).